Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dare 2 Share

Tomorrow, February 20th, I, and 2 other leaders, get the priviledge of accompanying 11 youth to the Dare2Share conference in Lincoln, Nebraska. I. AM. PUMPED. Seriously! If you have never seen these guys, please check out their website. They have such an amazing way of presenting the Gospel and challenging us to spread the Word. They are gifted beyond belief and I can't wait to see how God moves in the lives of the kids who are going. (OK.....in us 'adults', too:)

Also, I can't wait to spend some quality time with these kids! Some of the kids that are going, we only get to see once a week at youth group. It will be great to get to know them better. Others, we know a little better and it will be fun just to connect with them outside of youth group.

There isn't a lot of spiritual 'depth' to the kids who are going, so I am really praying that God will penetrate their hearts deeply. Often, when youth come back from a conference they are gung-ho, but it's short lived. They are on that spiritual high that goes as fast as it comes. I am praying that this will be different. I am praying that there will be some 'real' conversions this weekend!

What a blessing to be able to be a part of these kids' spiritual journey.....no matter where it leads!

3 comments:

Nana C said...

So good to feel in your post the excitement for your conference. God works in these young lives each day and leaders like yourself and your other leaders in your group, well I remember those people in my life as a teen. Enjoy the Spirit as it flows this weekend and as a group, teens and leaders can keep it going, for God has a purpose for His glory and He is happy when we are happy. Love you, Nana C

Indian Lake Papa said...

IT is a real blessing to be part of someone else's spiritual journey.

Anonymous said...

soooooo how did it go?? yes its just me with an enquiring mind...and been missing you..love ya princess