Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day....

This is a re-post from 2008, but it is just as true today as it was then....maybe even more so......

Since I have no 'earthly' husband, you would think that Valentines Day wouldn't mean much to me. You would be right.....most years. This year is different, though. I have a desire to celebrate this day of love. Well, who wouldn't when their husband is the King of Kings? So....I have decided to list all of the reason's my 'Heavenly' husband is better than an 'earthly' husband on Valentines Day (and every other day for that matter:)

1) My Conversation Hearts don't say dumb things like 'Will you be mine?'. They say things like "you are fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14)

2) Instead of a dozen roses, He has given me an entire planet filled with trees, flowers, and wonders. (Genesis 1:1)

3) I don't have to stand in the card section for an hour looking for the 'perfect card'. He hears the whisper of my heart (Luke 16:15)

4) In lieu of a box of chocolates, He has promised me treasure in Heaven. (Matthew 6:20)

5) He doesn't bring me a stuffed bear holding a heart that say's "I love you". Instead, He gives me living, breathing creatures to enjoy......(and not have to dust:). (Genesis 1:21)

6) I don't get diamonds, but He did place the stars in the sky for me. (Psalm 19:1)

7) He gave me my favorite perfume: the Aroma of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:15)

8) We don't go out for a fancy, expensive dinner. Instead, He gives me daily bread to nourish my body and soul. (Luke 11:3)

9) He carries my burdens instead of giving me massages. (Psalm 68:19)

10) He loves me so much......He died for me. (Romans 5:8)


And, when I pick a daisy and pluck it's petals, I never have to say "He loves me not". I get to say over and over: He loves me, He loves me, He loves me, He loves me.................................

Thank you Jesus for being a faithful, loving, caring, devoted Husband. I love you!

6 comments:

Susan said...

What a beautiful post.

Heather said...

Thank you Susan:)

mattandshirley said...

I love you Heather Young!!!!!!!! You are a beautiful women of God and I hope you have the most wonderful day :)

Heather said...

I love you, too Shirley Urich! You, too, are a beautiful woman of God:)

Tanya Ross said...

That is so beautiful, I am so glad you posted this, because I needed to hear the promises from Him. He is the delight of my heart as I am to him. Awesome!!!!

Heather said...

Tanya- Yes He is and Yes YOU are:) Love you sister!