Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Valentine to my First Love

Dear Jesus,

So often I take Your love for me for granted. I become complacent, almost reckless at times, with our relationship and just assume it will continue. I stop coming to You for everything and begin trying to handle things alone. I get involved in the details of my day and forget to sit down with You and share those details. I expect that You know how I am feeling (which, of course, You do) and forget the importance of communication in our relationship. Until one day I realize--You and I haven't really spent any good, quality time together and a distance has begun to creep in.

I have allowed other things to take Your place. Suddenly, I am aware of all those times I heard You asking me to come sit with You for a bit before running out the door or picking up the phone or opening my computer--and it saddens me. I don't deserve Your forgiveness, yet I know You 'long to be gracious to me and rise to show me compassion' (Isaiah 30:18).

Thank You for the love You never fail to give and for always being faithful, even when I'm not. I love how You take care of me and the children--providing in ways I could have never imagined. You are more than just a Husband and Father--You are the Lover of my soul.

My First Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.