Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Wonderous Cross

As we enter into Holy Week I can't help but focus on the cross. The cross that I seem to lose sight of throughout the year. The cross that served as a backdrop to the most amazing event history ever recorded. The cross that my Savior clung to as He took His dying breath. The cross that I often look at and completely forget its true meaning.

I spend time with God and read His Word, but every year, at some point, I become completely complacent about the cross. Then we begin the lent season and I find myself drawing near again. And by the time we enter Holy Week I am in awe once more. Completely wrecked with emotion for the God-Man who found obedience to the Father more important than anything Satan could tempt Him with. A love so big for a world so lost. A God who stepped out of His rightful place and onto the earth just so He could tell us "I've been there! I've walked in your shoes. I know how you feel."

Tonight as I ponder the God who loved me enough to go to the cross for me, I am without words. Thank you feels so small and I love you feels so over used. So, I come to Him in silence....with a song on my heart........

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life.

Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross, my Friend




No comments: