Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Memory Full! More Space Needed!




So I decided that it would be a good idea to start blogging more frequently. I thought it might be good to get my thoughts out of my head on a daily (or at least weekly) basis. I am hoping that if I begin to get some thoughts out of my head, maybe it will improve my memory. I am praying it works much like a computer where I can delete some files and make some room. I sure need it!

You know how people always say when you get older...."the memory is the first to go"? Well, I am starting to believe it. When I was younger I always kind of laughed at that idea. However, as I am approaching 40 I am finding myself forgetting just about everything. I walk into rooms only to discover that I cannot, for the life of me, remember why! I make appts and forget them or I make appts at the same time I already have something else going on. I begin sentences and can't complete them because the thought has 'escaped me'. I know I am beginning to repeat myself because my children, being the sensitive little cherubs they are, can't wait to let me know in their most annoyed voice; "I know mom, you already told me!". My only question is.....

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? This is only supposed to happen to 'old' people. 40 is NOT old. Of course, when I was in my teens and early 20's, 40 was ancient. However, as I rapidly approach 40...clearly I was dumb in my younger years. 40 is definitely not old.

While I could do without the whole memory problem, I must say that I appreciate growing older. Every day seems to bring new challenges and new lessons. I love where my life is right now and look forward to seeing what God has in store for the future. Life is good, God is great. That, I will never forget:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know............
Oh, never mind, I forgot! ha ha ha