Thursday, May 22, 2008

Unimaginable.

I can't begin to imagine what this family is going through. Selfishly, it is my prayer that I never experience it first hand. Please keep this precious family in your prayers and thoughts as they grieve and come to grips with the unimaginable.
Click here to meet Maria and send your condolences to the family.

From left to right: Will Franklin, Maria, Steven Curtis, Shaoey, MaryBeth, Stevey Joy, Caleb and Emily Chapman.

MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN,
DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME

NASHVILLE, TN...5/21/08... At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Wednesday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.

More than five years ago, Chapman and his wife MaryBeth founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry’s goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to over 1700 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world. Chapman is a five-time GRAMMY ® winner and 54-time Dove Award winning artist who has sold over 10 million albums and garnered 44 No. 1 singles.

4 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh my Goodness...I was just over there...how very very sad..I will for sure keep them in my thoughts and prayers...what a terrible tragedy.

Tanya said...

Jeff just told me about this. I will definitly keep them in my prayers. I could not even imagine what it would be like to loose a child. I am totally with you when you talked about the prayer. God knows why these things happen and we just have to bask in His arms. Love ya.

Indian Lake Papa said...

One of a parents worse nightmares - one of those moments when God cries.

Robin said...

Thanks for letting me know. My heart breaks for the family, but I know she is dancing with Jesus now...doesn't make it too much easier for those who are stuck waiting on earth...