Friday, January 18, 2008

Gotta Love Teens!

This is for you, Susan. I hope you enjoy!!!!

The other night my cousin, Kaeleen, and her son, Noah, were over for dinner. Kaeleen is around 32 or 33yrs old and I'm....well...not too much older:)

So, the kiddo's and I, Kaeleen, and Noah were gathered around my dining room table discussing various events of the day. I don't remember, exactly, what the topic was, but we were talking about something that has changed since Kae and I were teenagers. I began to explain the way things were 'when I was in school', when one of my darling cherubs chimed in with:
"This isn't the 1900's!"(Oh yes she did!)

As I began to correct her my dear, sweet cousin, who I used to like very much, looked at me and said: "Well, she's right you know. We were born in the 1900's."

There's not enough sugar in the world to help that medicine go down!

Sorry for the 'short' post, but it's time for my mid-day nap!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Heather, you kill me! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you are tagged. Come by my blog and I will show you. Love tanya

Susan said...

I love it. Yours was better than mine. I was only living without T.V., you had no running water and probably an outhouse.

Which one said it?

Nana C said...

Well, one year while living in Ohio, we did have an outhouse, which one cold October morning was found lying on the ground, either by forces of nature or forces of man, and Me a true 1946 baby boomer!!! Got ya! Yes the story is true. Nana C

Alissa said...

I said the date the other day as 19-something. :) Just wanted to say hi and thanks for your encouragement.